Followers

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

How To Spruce Up an Old Manicure!

We have all had those days where you can tell your manicure is on its last leg, but let's face it... we're too lazy to re-do the whole thing.  I sure have, and you're lying if you say you haven't!  So today I have a "manicure" to show you guys, a way to spruce up your old manicure.

So I've been wearing Lime Crime's Peaches <3 Cream since I did my review post, and I actually am impressed with how long it has worn with no top coat!  But I thought it needed some sprucing, so here's what I did...

Click below if you want to see what I did!




Glitter half moons!  Super simple, it took me probably ten minutes to put the whole thing together and it looks nicer than a fading manicure.


The glitter that I used was Strobe Light, by Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear.  This is one of my favorite drugstore brands, I have a ton of these polishes.  It's sort of like a 50:50 mix of pink and silver glitter with a bit of other multicolored glitter, it's pretty sparse.  It would be really hard to make it come out opaque, but it is a really nice glitter.  It dries with a smooth, glossy finish which is something I prize highly in a glitter.  

Overall I think this is a great way to postpone starting a brand new manicure, if you just don't have the time or you're just a lazy bum like me.

In other nail polish news, I normally keep my polishes on a narrow shelf on my bathroom wall.  But in the last few months I've bought so much polish I was having to stack them on top of each other, so yesterday I went to grab the glitter for this manicure and I experienced the great polish collapse of 2012... many were wounded but only one was fatally lost.  Something Borrowed by Essie.  So ironic, because I literally just used it!  But it's true.  Luckily it's a permanent color, so I'll be picking it up again soon.  But I had to put all my polishes into a box for until I move into my dorm in September... it's so sad, I feel like I'm punishing them.

So, to help my sadness at losing a friend I decided to do a little online polish shopping :) And let me just say my god, my polish wishlist is huge.  I have been really wanting to get a holo polish, but sadly did not purchase any.  But I did purchase a few, and they have shipped!


I just posted about Seche Vite yesterday!  I bought this bottle for $3!  And all the Hunger Games polishes for $2-3, it was a total steal.  I just used Amazon and I was so surprised with how much cheaper everything was compared to Ulta... and only $6 to ship all of it, so not too bad.  That means I got everything for roughly  $12-13 without shipping.  I was amazed.  So be ready for a few swatches of these guys!

I know I'm excited :)

xx Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment