Followers

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Hunger Games Agro!

Hi everyone!

Sorry I've been off on the posting lately, I've been exhausted and still going through all the beach pictures and just trying to catch up on some sleep!

But today I have another Hunger Games polish to share!  This one is called Agro!

Agro in the shade

Agro in direct sunlight

If you'd like to see swatches and a review of this one click below!



This polish is a gorgeous metallic green!  It actually looks very much like some of the magnetic polishes out and about these days, except it's not magnetic.  That sort of muted green tone, although this one has some really nice shimmer in it that comes out in the sun!   

Agro in direct sunlight

The shimmer in this is metallic but not quite enough to be glass fleck or foil finish.  It's definitely prettier in the sun but for some reason I just didn't get that many good sun shots today, the pictures in the shade came out much, much nicer!

Agro in the shade

I had read that this polish was more difficult to work with, and unfortunately the reviews were true.  It wasn't incredibly difficult, not to the point that it wasn't worth continuing or that it became impossible, but it definitely didn't flow as smoothly as I am used to from China Glaze.

Agro in the shade

Even though it didn't apply as beautifully as some other polishes it does have its opacity going for it.  All the pictures are two coats and no top coat, so it is nice and shiny without it.

Agro in the shade

To be honest, this isn't a polish that if/when I run out of it I'll be wanting to buy it again.  For one thing it's not my favorite shade of green, but I am picky about greens!  Another thing is that the formula was a little difficult, and it's not very obvious in these photos but it is a bit brush stroke-y.  But if you like greens I'd have to say it might be worth a try!  The formula certainly wasn't making me tear my hair out or anything.

xx Laura


2 comments:

  1. I also own this polish :D I love the Capitol Colours collection, I saw that you also posted a blog post about Harvest Moon, do you own more polishes of this collection? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only other one I own is Stone Cold! I have yet to try it out but it's the one I'm most excited about, the only other ones I plan to get are the Luxe one and Fast Track!

    ReplyDelete